We are voluntary community conservation group based in the Nambucca Valley which has worked to protect, rehabilitate and promote our natural environment for over 35 years.
Our Aims and Objectives are to:
- respect the natural environment and its biodiversity;
- raise awareness of the intrinsic value of a healthy environment and its role as our life support system;
- campaign to promote environmental health and protection;
- raise awareness of local and broader issues affecting the environment, via social media, newsletter, meetings, fundraising, information stalls, events, lobbying and the media;
- promote the principles of ecologically sustainable development;
- encourage community participation in local issues relating to ecologically sustainable development and environmental health;
- remain informed about current issues and trends in environmental health, conservation and natural resource management;
- participate in local, state and federal government processes relating to environmental management and
- work together with fellow members to achieve the above aims and objectives with respect and integrity.
NVCA meets bi monthly at various venues on the 2nd Tue of Feb, April, June, August October and November. Contact us for venue details. On alternative months, we conduct an electronic meeting.
Image: Lyn Orrego 2018